Worldwide | Headquartered in Belgium
Product Manager - Specialty Feed Additives
Nutrex nv is a leading producer and supplier of specialty ingredients for the feed and flour milling sectors. As part of a Belgian privately owned group, Nutrex develops and produces nutritional and technical ingredients for use in animal feed and flour milling products that it markets worldwide through a network of distributors.
Since the foundation nearly 30 years ago the group extensively invests in research and development, to ensure continuous product innovation and to provide a high level of technical support, so that customers are able to achieve an optimal yield in their specific application.
For Nutrex’ specialty feed additives business, the R&D focus is on development of products that contribute to improved gut health and feed digestibility thereby achieving a better yield in animal production.
To support our applied product research & development, we are looking for an experienced Product Manager Specialty Feed Additives :
- You are accountable for product development and support of the specialty feed additives product portfolio, for which you report directly to general management.
- Your day to day activities in terms product development (70%) involve coaching your colleagues and close follow-up of market developments through professional literature, close contacts with researchers in the feed industry and relating fields, as well as through participation in scientific conferences.
- Starting from the acquired knowledge and your experience, you and your team prepare proposals for new developments and research that are in line with the company focus, match existing or future market needs and have a realistic potential to bring added value to our company and our customers while taking into account their practical and economic feasibility and relevance.
- You are in charge of implementing the retained ideas by combining literature study with own in vitro and in vivo research in cooperation, independently or in cooperation with universities or other research partners. You will be accountable for proper budgeting, planning and execution in which you have a hands-on approach.
- You regularly provide internal progress reporting of the obtained research results while ensuring proper clarification, practical relevance and making proposals for follow-up research where needed.
- The second key aspect of your job entails support of sales and marketing (30%), for which you and your team regularly communicate internally and externally about our research and new developments.
- In close cooperation with marketing, you and your team prepare high-quality technical-commercial documentation and ensure proactively that our own sales team and our distributors have sufficient product knowledge and access to the necessary sales tools via training and other support means.
- Besides that you write and redact technical and technical-commercial articles for publication in international scientific and popular media.
- You have a PhD or Master’s degree in applied life sciences or equivalent and have a proven track record in applied research and current knowledge of animal nutrition.
- You have a least 5 years of industry experiences as manager or member of an R&D team, preferably in the animal feed industry
- You have excellent social skills and are capable of convincing and motivating other to achieve the company goals
- You have a sharp analytical mind that allows you to draw the right conclusions from complex material and turn them into usable action points
- You are a quick learner, are well organized, have a methodical work approach and know how to transfer that skills to your colleagues.
- You have entrepreneurial and creative mindset and the possibility to independently set up and coordinate R&D activities stimulate your sense for initiative
- You are very experience in the use of common scientific databases (Web of Science, PubMeb, etc.) and have excellent knowledge of desktop applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, …)
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both spoken and written. Good working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is a plus.
- You live within easy reach of Lille (Belgium) and are prepared to travel 10 – 20% of your time
- We offer you a challenging position with great responsibility and room for initiative in a growing and ambitious company
- Depending on your experience and knowledge, you will get an individual training, after which you enter a fascinating and varied function in an international environment. You work within a group that can provide you with solid support in a dynamic work environment.
- You get a competitive remuneration package in accordance with experience, training, commitment and results